You will never be able to “flip” your husband without “flopping” on your children. Yes, I have seen her on the HGTV television show: “Flip Or Flop” and today, Cristina LaMoussa is headlining: ABC’s Good Morning America to tell the world that she is OK and her children will be OK after the death of her marriage
I watched the GMA segment on Cristina La Moussa and I am not sure she even believes her own propaganda. Like other celebrities she has a good publicist to get out in front of and capitalize on, all the things life brings and I have no doubt that the visit on GMA is an attempt to minimize damage and maximize Cristina’s following.
While it is none of my business what Cristina La Moussa does, it is my business to point out erroneous information when a celebrity sends a message that I believe is harmful to everyone.
Too many people today believe exactly what I heard La Moussa say on GMA today. Cristina LaMoussa explained that her children are resilient and able to cope and adapt and that everything will work out just fine. I can tell you that this is absolutely NOT TRUE and I have hundreds of people who have walked through it, that are willing to testify.
Perhaps it is not hard to imagine what happened to the marriage with the reported drama in the home and the police called for allegedly suicidal man, then a divorce, and then Cristina with a new man. I do not know what the facts are in this matter and I actually do not care other than the message it sends to married couples everywhere and this is what I want to address:
1. The number one cause of anger in children is marital disharmony.
2. Co-Parenting sounds “cool” or “sexy” implying that everyone is mature enough to handle that Daddy has been flipped, but beware the cost of such disintegration of the family is about to flop somewhere.
3. Do not buy the lie that the kids would be better off in a loving environment and because the current situation is not perfect environment.
a. You will take your problems right into the next relationship.
b. When the new wears off with the new guy, the problems will be right there waiting.
4. “I am not happy; don’t I deserve to be happy? “Make me vomit! There are no perfect marriages and you have to know what real happiness is before you can know how to find happiness. You can be happy and married to the father of your children, some changes need to be made.
5. True happiness is only found in Jesus Christ and in living to please Christ, not ourselves. This is when we find real joy. Matthew 6:33 says it best. (look it up).
If your marriage is a flop, don’t flip your spouse; get some help, you may find that your marriage is a: “Fixer Upper”. May God Bless Chip and Joanna Gaines for the example and inspiration they are in marriage and family using their platform on "Fixer Upper"
Before you pull the plug on your marriage, count the cost and give God a chance to work on your marriage and allow a Biblical counselor the chance to help you work through the issues. As a crisis marriage counselor I see God save more marriages than I see marriages lost. The couples that make it have one thing in common, they are willing to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.
I am available to counsel in person, via Skype, or to direct you to a biblical counselor near you. Email me: email@example.com
2/21/2017 10:23:16 pm
Great article, Andy. It breaks my heart that people think kids don't suffer. My sister's husband left her & 2 preteen & teenage boys who are in their 50's & still have issues. Both have been divorced as well.
Leave a Reply.
Andy Goode is a Biblical Counselor and Pastor in Hattiesburg, MS. This blog is about strengthening marriages and providing biblical direction for everyday issues and sometimes just about leadership in general.